Players have "just a minute" to describe up to eight simple items for partners or team mates to guess.
Just-A-Minute! is a fast-moving ESL speaking and listening game that"s easy to demonstrate and so flexible you can play it with every grade level, 2nd through adult.
The game combines fun and excitement while developing:
- Logical thinking
- Clarity of expression
- Distinct pronunciation
- Careful listening
Recommended for Ages: ESL high beginners and up
There are 96 cards, each containing eight high-frequency words in a category such as "round things," "things in a classroom," "things that are hot." The player's task is to give clues for one word at a time without saying the word directly. Listeners' job is to listen carefully and guess.
- Five minutes or an hour long
- In pairs or large groups
- Cooperatively or in competition
- Adjust time limits to equalize the playing field for students of different abilities
- Score sheets and
- Directions for four speaking games and one written game
- Handy zip-lock storage bag.