Here are 23 of the easiest, most popular traditional songs used in ESL classes, sung in a slow-normal, ESL-friendly way
Use these songs in your classroom to provide music and culture, to reinforce structures, introduce vocabulary, and to add variety and fun.
The songs, selected by Elizabeth Claire, are suitable for beginning and low intermediate students. They’re sung clearly at an English language learner’s pace by professional singer and teacher Megan Murphy and Brian Murphy.
Here you can have all the songs that are included in the CD's for ESL Phonics Books One to Five on one CD.
- Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- Are You Sleeping?
- It’s Raining, It’s Pouring
- I’m a Little Teapot
- O Suzanna
- Billy Boy
- Where Has My Little Dog Gone?
- The Bear Went Over the Mountain
- She’ll Be Coming ’Round the Mountain
- Happy Birthday Big Boy
- Jingle Bells
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- If You’re Happy and You Know It
- My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean
- Do You Know the Muffin Man?
- Ten Happy English Readers (Ten Little Indians)
- There’s a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
- Old MacDonald
- Down in the Valley
- You Are My Sunshine
- The Riddle Song (I Gave My Love a Cherry)